Sakhioba choir aims at:
• Restoring and popularising mediaeval traditional Georgian
• Popularising an authentic performance style and manner of
Georgian folk singing and singing in a traditional modal scale.
• Revising and publishing sheet music manuscripts of Georgian
chants together with CDs.
• Popularising Georgian folk music through concerts, audio
recordings and offering traditional music to audiences in their
• Sharing the artistic experience of old Georgian song masters and
introducing them to a broader audience.
• Organising field work in different parts of Gerogia with the
purpose of restoring folk traditions.
• Mastering all Georgian traditional instruments in order to
reintroduce them into contemporary performance.
• Including old traditional dances and circle dances in its